Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Kellogg Interview

Guys and Girls out there.....
If you ever decide to do something with your career that in turn results in your decision to apply to a top MBA program and your top choice turns out to be Kellogg, do opt for an ON-Campus interview.....At least going by my experience and many of my forum mates' experiences.
The interview was so devoid of any events that it turned out to be a breeze. I had the good fortune to interview with one of the assistant director of admissions and she made me feel so much at ease right away and then flowed a conversation that beat my expectations and fears by a mile. That I get in to Kellogg or not is a whole different kettle of fish. So I will stop rambling and get to the questions right away.
Walk me through your academic experiences
Walk me through your career progression and explain why you made the choices you made.
What do you expect from Kellogg or what do you think seals the deal for you as far as Kellogg is concerned.
Tell me how you will bring value to Kellogg
What is a common misconception about you
How does your friends describe you
Any questions for me.

Simple and straightforward....Ain't it ?

The catch lies in differentiating yourself efficiently. Becoz the AdCom ask these questions day in and day out and unless you provide them with a sparklingly different answers with REAL WORLD examples, you wont strike as some one different.
So try to say whatever you have achieved with a poetic licence.

All said and done, I have no clue If I aced the interview. I definitely did not blow it up and I am sure neither did the 5000 other co-applicants.

Will I make the cut or will I not? The world will move on either way and so will I.

No comments: